donderdag 6 oktober 2011

UK TRIP: Shopping for a crew!

Day 4: Getting skinned in Manchester.

On my day off I took the train (mixtape on the headphones and enjoying the view) to Manchester (distance Leeuwarden - Zwolle) to meet up with my friend Dani, who recently visited the AvP with Andy and Joël for a student exchange project. It was very pleasant to see her again.
But this time it's the other way around. Instead of me showing her the places to be in Leeuwarden, it was her turn to show me Manchester... What a lovely city it is!

First off we had tea and coffee at The Teacup.

Coffee at The Teacup

The English have their tea obsession as we "Dutch people"
have our bike obsession according to the "English people".
Earthlings... weird people. Lost it? Me too.

Isn't that cute... BUT IT'S WRONGGG!

I am fasinated very fast and this time it wasn't any different. This building that looked like a student flat, it has al sorts of (discount) shops in the vain of Ursula or London Mode. It's called Aflecks Palace. It is HUGE! Just when you thought you've seen it all, it keeps on going... The only "awkward" thing I saw in the building was a dentist. You can also eat, drink and chill out between the shopping and to top it all, you'll find a modeling agency in the same building. F**kin' rad mate!

Anywho, Dani & I had a wonderful time in the city as she skinned me to the bone. The record stores overhere are FAR MORE BETTER! Am gonna move the UK when am done in The Netherlands with all my stuff I have going and that's a bloody fact! I got Joe some string back-ups at Dawsons for the tour... DAMN those guitarshops! luckily I could keep my hands off some instruments and not carry them towards the counter... Manchester was sunny, rainy and half darkclouded today so I got an impression of both. I cannot mention all the big stores we went to but I know we did some good business at HMV, H&M, Fopp Records, Pulp, The Vintage Clothing Co. and last but not least... Primark!

Imagine entering in a very fancy Wibra
with the coolest close for cheap-ass!

SCORE!

...on a more personal note:
Thank you so much Dani, for the wonderful day you gave me. The talks, the laughs, the sightseeing, coffees and tea's. You are a fantastic friend to shop and hang around with. It is very much appreciated...
and totally worth the trainticket ;)

Tomorrow is the start of the tour, well, the driving starts tomorrow.
I saw the van. It's also HUGE! As I say in The Netherlands:
Ik ben fan! Trek-ut! I'd better get some rest, so i can pack my bags in the morning and finally rock across Europe!

Goodnight.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten