maandag 3 oktober 2011

UK TRIP: From the airport...
straight into rehearsals!

Hey there,

My first blog on the UK trip & European tour.

What's the idea?

Well, I thought it would be nice to put down some words and visuals here on how things progress while am in the UK, practicing with English rockers Helsinki Seven and ofcourse the following European tour in a few days.

DAY 1: First flight ever!

After the goodbye's at school and from Elcke, Suzy, Chiel and my other dear friend Chantal, I hopped in the train to get to the airport in Amsterdam to catch the flight to Manchester. The nervous started to get worse at one point but eventually it all managed itself.

'
Checked in, Starbucks & Fags... I'm ready!


It's the same as riding a bus or train, except the view is better...


Nick (Helsinki drummer) picked me up from the airport. It was so nice to see him again... and guess what, am not the only one who lost a few pounds. Anyway, this morning, me and Joe kinda joked about rehearsals straight from the airport. The dude wasn't kiddin' haha. As I thought (after me getting on a plane) no problems would occurre. Well, what do you do when you practiced all the songs in the wrong tuning? Right, start with the new ones first. I could see Joe's (Joe, the man, the legend, Midget Glasses) world falling apart. But I must say that I pick up things quite easy with a bassguitar in my hands. I'm not saying playing bassguitar is easy (for the outsiders, I usually play the 6 strings) but it's funny to see it from a point of few with a minus of 2 strings. Now I get the chance to lay down some heavy groove instead of melody or a light rhythm. Back to the problem... There was one second I thought: FUCK! but the next one was like: Challenge accepted!

"Groove is in the heart"


The thing that stunned me the most so far is Nick telling me he has a suprise to show me. If it's food I had to dissapoint the sweet man. But none of that. The guy is even more obsessed with touring than me. Why? Nick has my face tattooed on the side of his stomach! On the European tour we might reveal it for those who are interested...

Here's a video of the first rehearsal: From airport to rehearsal til 3am

After rehearsal, Nick took me to where he lives with his sweet mom (haven't met her yet but from the stories I heard and how Nick is, she must be a duplicate of Sjoeke from the AvP). Now I am feeling like a dead beat. So, this was the first blog of my traveladventures in the UK and Europe. Hope you enjoyed it.

Goodnight!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten