zaterdag 8 mei 2010

Last week in a rush...

Hanging out with friends (Denise/Anne-Nynke/Chantal) on tuesday for a walk through the city, a nice cup of coffee and some fine tea. Some time to relax before the madness begins.

Liberty Day was totally awesome. A bad night sleep. Early in the morning soundcheck.
Very un-rock & roll but sKa3 had to do it. After waiting quite long we were done in an instant. Our mates from The Hûnekop payed a visit and Elske DeWall finally introduced herself to me. A good start of the day actually. The show went good but could have been much better.. but people enjoyed it as I heard. After the show I hung out with friends (names? Birthe, Liza, Chiel, Suzy, Jessica, Patrick, Jeljer, Frank, WD, Denise, Afke, Zhenya, Niels, Job and Maaike just to mention a few) in the park. Went backstage with New Killer Stars to help out Chiel with important stuff (huh-huh). At 18:00 we drove off to Dokkum to play a full sKa3 show. Very nice stage but not as much people as a few hours ago. Still there were people dancing. Even my mom and sister were watching! Talked to some old friends. I had a nice time on stage. After the show we went back to Leeuwarden. I spinned records in the Gloppe and THE DOTS played a fantastic show. Good crowd and lots of dancing! Bedtime: 5 in the morning.. You can imagine I was sleeping in no-time.

Next day up at 10:00. Shower!
Two things on the planner today. My uncle's funeral and The Forrester Soundtrack playing in Simplon, Groningen with Tommy Ebben and Achter Gordijnen van Vrijheid. The funeral was beautiful and really worthy. Too bad we see the family only at funerals lately. But there's a wedding coming up so a good enough reason to pay a visit and catch up with everyone. After coffee with our own family it was time to take off to Groningen. No soundcheck. Suprised bij Achter Gordijnen van Vrijheid and so good to see my friend Tommy Ebben again! Played the best Forrester show so far and had a great time in the venue. Catched up with Richy from Ortega. Good stuff!

Friday me and Wouter finished the Deadwood songs
for 98% in the practiceroom.
Some still need some minor adjustments
but I think we are quite there.

Saturday Kensington Arms played in Popfront, Zwolle. It was so good to see Heleen again among other friends like Gijs, Martheun, Jeff, Ton (real short), the Estate Drama guys, Geert and the Sparky's. Played a nice show and before I knew we were already heading home. Time flies by when yer having fun!

On Sunday I went to my mother for Mother's day. After that I had rehearsals with sKa3. Chantal made a lovely dinner, had some icecream in the city and walked through the park.

What a week it was!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten