zaterdag 1 mei 2010

How sudden things can change...


After my blog, some things have changed.

Mostly positive.

Deadwood is going great. We found the locations. Now were looking for the right actrice. The design needs to be done and the recording has been moved a week because of difficulties. But everything is still on schedule so no worries here.

Kensington Arms quite the same. Weekly rehearsing. Planning a tour through Denmark with a danish release show of our full length record. Writing new songs, Doing shows with Gosse (who fills in for Hidde) and ofcourse planning the recording of the album. We had a nice line of shows the passing months and still 2 to go before I will go on European tour with Antillectual. Straight from tour we will be playing on CesarFest 4 so I will be having an awesome homecoming!

The Forrester Soundtrack didn't make it through the first ten for Liet 2010. so un-very-fortunately I must spam you with a request to vote. I hate these things. But as friends tell me to just do it I shall listen to them. Not that am demotivated but I realised this is not how I rool the dice with my music. Other news: Slightly making plans to record the album with Kris Vesseur (June in December / www.myspace.com/krisvesseur) in de lovely woods of Appelscha. I can tell you it will be a nice mixture of old and new songs. Songs like Embrace Spencer, To catch burdens out of sea and Calling me home will be recorded again and added to the album. Designwise I haven't made plans yet.

Yesterday sKa3 played the new set with the new sKa3 girl and it was awesome. We played near Utrecht and had an amount of 100 people standing before us. The vibe witin the band was very good. The sound was crappy. We even met the booker from Ijsselpop where we play in september. Nice guy!

For me things turn around a bit fast as I had some missed calls from the family. Still in the rush of playing a descent show, my sister told me over the phone that my uncle passed away that morning. It was like going from high to low. I was speechless. My thoughts are with the family. Thankfully I had/have a group of fine people among me. That's also a strong point within sKa3. I feel privilged to have that. The sKa3 showlist is still growing! Great shows are coming up. Check sKa3.nl for a show in your neighborhood.

And last but NOT least:

20 days, 7 countries and Antillectual. May 26th till June 12th I will be driving the awesome punkrockbandits Antillectual through Europe! Germany, Slowakia, Poland, Italy, Austria, Switserland and Tjechrepublic (or somethin') Nice way to network, getting my ass out of the mess here for a few weeks and enjoing some fine punkrock/people. Really looking forward to that.

That's it for now folks!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten